Belly fat or fat around the waist It may occur from many factors such as genetics, hormones, and eating habits. Having a large amount of fat accumulated in the abdomen can cause various diseases that are harmful to health , such as hyperlipidemia, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, colon cancer . The way to reduce belly fat can be done by making changes. eating behavior and exercise regularly
What is belly fat?
Belly fat is fat that accumulates under the skin in the abdominal area. Or sometimes it’s called a belly. It can happen to all genders and ages. Not even those who are underweight. Having too much belly fat can have a negative effect on your health. Lead to various chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease.
Belly fat can be measured by measuring your waist circumference. For men, it should not be more than 36 inches or 90 centimeters and for women, it should not be more than 32 inches or 80 centimeters. If you have a waist circumference greater than that, May be at risk of having abdominal obesity. ทางเข้า ufabet
What causes belly fat?
The causes of belly fat may be due to the following factors.
- Genetics : If someone in the family is obese or weighing more than the standard. You may be more likely to have belly fat or abdominal obesity than normal.
- Stress when stress occurs The body releases the hormone cortisol (Cortisol) or the stress hormone. which may affect the metabolic system This is because stress directly affects the functioning of the endocrine glands. It may be the cause of the metabolic system not working fully. and may result in eating more to relieve stress This may be a factor that causes fat to accumulate until it becomes belly fat.
- eating behavior Eating unhealthy foods, such as foods high in sugar Foods that contain a lot of fat and sugary drinks can cause fat to accumulate on the abdomen. This is because these foods may interfere with fat metabolism. This may be one of the causes of belly fats. Including eating food that has more calories than the body needs in a day. The daily energy intake for men is approximately 2,000 kilocalories and women should receive approximately 1,600 kilocalories of energy per day. Laurie
- not exercising If you eat food that provides more energy than your body needs each day. and refuses to exercise It can cause excess fat to accumulate as belly fat.
How to reduce belly fat
The secret to reducing belly fat can be done in the following ways.
- Change eating habits By adjusting the balance of food in each meal Each meal should contain all 5 nutritional food groups and should eat nutritious foods such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, and low-fat protein. Foods that are high in fiber. You should avoid processed foods, snacks, foods that are high in fat and sugar.
- Exercise. Exercise may help the body burn belly fats. You should exercise at a light level, such as running, swimming, cycling, and then gradually increase the level as your body begins to adapt. or specific exercises such as sit-ups and push-ups to help tighten the abdominal muscles. and should exercise at least 30 minutes/day
- Manage stress Because stress can affect your metabolism, you should find ways to relieve stress, such as listening to music, watching movies, meditating, or traveling.
- Get enough sleep. Because the body produces the hormone melatonin, which may produce metabolic metabolites while you sleep, sleeping at least 6-7 hours per day may help your body burn calories.